Tips to Beat the Heat
With the weather well and truly warming up we thought we would share with you these simple tips to try to beat the heat.
- Keep hydrated - Obviously this is most important, drink plenty of water
- Avoid Alcohol - We know this won't be everyones favourite tip, but alcohol can make dehydration worse
- Be Cool - Stay indoors where possible and use fans or air conditioners
- Check on Others - Including children, the elderly and epople with medical conditions. And don't forget your furry friends!
- Dress Down - wear light weight and sun-smart clothing
- Shade - Wear a hat and sunscreen or take an umbrella with you if you are planning to be outdoors
- Eat Fresh - Try eating cold foods such as salads or fruit
- Rest - Make sure you get enough sleep, and rest if you feel tired
- Soak - Take a cool shower or bath to help you cool down
So take care everyone and try to stay as cool as possible.